Monday, August 10, 2009

Blueberry Muffins


This is it - I found it - the perfect blueberry muffin recipe! It's called Blueberry Cream Muffins and I found it on allrecipes.com. I had made this years ago and even reviewed it on their site but had forgotten about it for some reason. I had an abundance of blueberries and wanted to again try making muffins. This recipe has 2 whole cups of sour cream in it, which sounds like a lot but the results are excellent. This muffin is sweet and cakelike and I sprinkled the tops with sparkling sugar before I baked them. The sugar really adds a crunch to the top. And check out the domed top on these babies! No flat tops! Right on! They don't expand much - I filled the muffin papers right to the top with batter - they just go straight up. I highly recommend these muffins. Maybe next time I will try the same recipe with raspberries or blackberries. Enjoy!



I used a lot of sparkling sugar - on cookies & muffins mostly. I found TWO of these containers on Amazon for about $22. That's about 7 pouds worth of sparkling sugar! One little container in the store cost about $4 or $5. Amazon also sells this in many different colors.




Not the greatest photo. I have a hard time photographing at night with low light. And the flash just ruins the whole look so I try and compromise with lamps or other lights....and well, I'm just not good at it. Anyway, the texture of these muffins is delightful. Wish you could taste one. I hate to say this, but it's kind of like the texture of Costco blueberry muffins. Cakelike & sweet. I like that.



Blueberry Cream Muffins
Ingredients:
4 eggs
2 cups white sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups sour cream
2 cups blueberries
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease 24 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
2. In large bowl beat eggs, gradually add sugar while beating. Continue beating while slowly pouring in oil. Stir in vanilla. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, salt and baking soda.
3. Stir dry ingredients into egg mixture alternately with sour cream. Gently fold in blueberries. Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.






No comments: