Monday, August 3, 2009

Chocolate Zucchini Cake




After the big heatwave ended, this cake was my first time in the kitchen in about a week! I couldn't wait to bake something but I'm a bit disappointed in this cake. It's not the best. I have so much zucchini at this point and I wanted to try a new recipe. I should have just used my other chocolate zucchini "bread" recipe. It was heck of a lot better that this one. Maybe there is many of you folks that would like this recipe because the cake itself is not very sweet. Not sweet enough for me who happens to like things on the very sweet side. The chocolate icing I put on top really made up for the lack of sweetness but it would have been nice if the cake tasted wonderful on its own. I'm not going to even bother posting this recipe because I don't recommend that you make this! The nice thing about this recipe is that I used up 2 fairly large zucchini but now I have TWO 13x9 inch pans full of chocolate cake that I'm not crazy about. I'm sure I won't have a problem getting rid of it. The icing on the cake is just a concoction that I made up - cream cheese, butter, cocoa powder, powdered sugar, vanilla & milk. It was delish!


Am I the only one who still uses this kind of grater? I think it's such a hassle to get out the whole food processor for 2 stinkin zucchini.




I frosted the cake while it was still slighty warm so the icing kind of slid down the sides.



Not so bad but next time I will find a better recipe!







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still use a grater exactly like that! You are not alone, my friend!