Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Vanilla cheesecake





This cheesecake is dedicated to Sandy! Sandy, I wish there were a way to send this in the mail to you. It turned out awesome. The recipe is from my favorite recipe site - allrecipes.com. It's called Chantal's New York Cheesecake. I've made it before and I marked "Delicious and Perfect" in the note column. It is literally one of the most popular dessert recipes on that site and the reviews are 99.9% positive - Scoring a perfect 5 out of 5 stars. My review of this cheesecake is somewhere on there but since there is thousands of reviews, it's kind of difficult to locate. It is a perfect texture. Not really dense but not really light and fluffy either. Right in between. My close up photos are trying to capture the texture. The crust is your basic graham cracker crust. I topped it with vanilla whipped cream. I had a big slice for my lunch today - topped with some strawberry syrup. Mmmmm!





3 comments:

justine said...

We will be there SOON so we can come right over and have a taste of whatever you bake. Milo might have more than 2 little nubby teeth by then and he can have a bite too!

Unknown said...

Yum!!! That looks so good :) I can't wait to be there so I can be your official taster!!

Ms. Humble said...

Well I think this cheesecake is gorgeous!

The texture looks just fantastic too. Yum!