Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter shortbread cookies






Last night, I made some ultra buttery shortbread cookies with some Easter colored sprinkles. I made a double recipe, which produced about 6 dozen cookies and used EIGHT sticks of butter! That is a lot of butter for a cookie. This cookie has very few ingredients but sometimes the simple recipes make the best cookies. It uses powdered sugar, which results in a very tender and lightly crunchy texture. I used a giant splash of vanilla & a small bit of coconut extract. You can't really detect the coconut flavor, but it does add a little different dimension to the vanilla flavor. (My husband, Larry, who hates anything coconut, LOVES these cookies!). I mostly baked these so I can add something on my new blog but I'm also packaging them up to give them out as Easter gifts.





No comments: