These are called "cupcakes" but they are basically chocolate chip cookies baked in liners. The cookie dough is a bit thinner than most doughs but it tastes the same. These are actually pretty fun to make. I made mine in little waxed tart cups that have Valentine patterns on them. The kids love these!! One thing I notice is that I should take them out of the oven before I think they are done. I always take my cookies out when they look slightly underdone but these need to be removed when they look actually NOT done. Then the texture is nice and gooey and stays that way. It doesn't seem doughy, just more cake like. My photos show one that is more cookie like - and these are delicious as well! It's just another way to present & eat a chocolate chip cookie. Plus the pretty liners make a nice presentation. I would definitely make these again. I added a lot more chips than the recipe called for but then again, I always do. I figured a cupcake could handle more chocolate than a cookie, since it has the liner to keep it together. My boys really liked helping with these. They thought it was fun to scoop the cookie dough into the cups. These cookies/cupcakes are actually pretty quick to throw together and the bake time & cooling time is not bad either. I think they might be really attractive with a drizzle of melted chocolate on top.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcakesfrom Recipezaar.com
- In a bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together brown sugar and butter until well combined. Add vanilla, beating well.
- Add egg, beating well.
- Add flour mixture and beat until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven of 350F 18 to 23 minutes or until cupcakes are puffed and golden.
- Let cool in pan on rack for 15 minutes or until cooled completely (so they don't crumble when removed).
- Remove from pan.