Monday, February 22, 2010

Thick, Soft, and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies


If you like your chocolate chip cookies soft & chewy, then these are the cookies for you! These are so tasty. I thought they would be a little thicker but they spread quite a bit during baking and I even thoroughly chilled the dough first. I guess the texture is due to the fact that the only sugar in these cookies is brown sugar. No granulated sugar is added. All brown sugar makes for a softer cookie. I've made so many chocolate chip cookie recipes and I have not even posted all the versions that I have made. I mean, it's getting to the point where they all taste the same or at least similar. I like them all. They all have their good points. I like crispy or chewy or thick or thin or semi sweet or milk chocolate. I really do like them all. I can't say I would make these again but I only say that because they are just as wonderful as the 100 other recipes I've tried. Yes, I recommend these! Especially if you like your cookies really chewy and soft.



Thick, Soft, and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

as found on recipezaar.com

  1. Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
  2. In a separate bowl, beat butter and shortening until creamy.
  3. Add sugar and vanilla and beat with a mixer on medium speed until well blended.
  4. Beat in eggs, one at a time, mixing well.
  5. Add flour mixture, and beat slowly to incorporate, then beat to blend well.
  6. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
  7. Drop batter in 2-tablespoon portions about 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
  8. Bake in a 375°F preheated oven until edges of cookies are brown but an area about 1 inch wide in the center is still pale, about 10 minutes.
  9. If using 2 pans in 1 oven, switch positions at half-time.
  10. Let cookies cool on pan about 5 minutes, then transfer to racks with a spatula.
  11. Serve warm or cool.

No comments: