If you like your chocolate chip cookies soft & chewy, then these are the cookies for you! These are so tasty. I thought they would be a little thicker but they spread quite a bit during baking and I even thoroughly chilled the dough first. I guess the texture is due to the fact that the only sugar in these cookies is brown sugar. No granulated sugar is added. All brown sugar makes for a softer cookie. I've made so many chocolate chip cookie recipes and I have not even posted all the versions that I have made. I mean, it's getting to the point where they all taste the same or at least similar. I like them all. They all have their good points. I like crispy or chewy or thick or thin or semi sweet or milk chocolate. I really do like them all. I can't say I would make these again but I only say that because they are just as wonderful as the 100 other recipes I've tried. Yes, I recommend these! Especially if you like your cookies really chewy and soft.
Thick, Soft, and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookiesas found on recipezaar.com
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter and shortening until creamy.
- Add sugar and vanilla and beat with a mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, mixing well.
- Add flour mixture, and beat slowly to incorporate, then beat to blend well.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop batter in 2-tablespoon portions about 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Bake in a 375°F preheated oven until edges of cookies are brown but an area about 1 inch wide in the center is still pale, about 10 minutes.
- If using 2 pans in 1 oven, switch positions at half-time.
- Let cookies cool on pan about 5 minutes, then transfer to racks with a spatula.
- Serve warm or cool.