Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies



Check these babies out!!! These are outrageous! Sinful, decadent and sooooo delicious! This recipe is a combination of a few different recipes. I originally saw these on...I think "Lovin in the Oven" blog. I took her idea but used my own recipes. I've always loved the Ghirardelli brownie recipe. It's in the Ghirardelli cookbook but also listed on the back of their sweet ground cocoa can. So you take any brownie recipe (even a box mix if you'd like), bake it in a 13x9 inch pan, let the brownies cool and then top them with the eggless chocolate chip cookie dough recipe below. I also melted some semi-sweet chocolate chips with a touch of shortening and piped some on top of the raw cookie dough. The whole combination is unbelievable to me! Let me remind you, I love chocolate chip cookie DOUGH more than I do the actual baked chocolate chip cookie. So this recipe is pretty much next to perfect. Some folks said "Oh they are sooo rich!". (me, rolling my eyes). There is nothing too rich for me. I can eat half the damn pan. No really, I can.







The cookie dough spreads nicely on the cooled brownies. It's not a super thick cookie dough but after chilling, it's nice and firm like a soft fudge.





I usually add extra chocolate chips to my brownies but they were just left plain for this recipe.




I know this photo is out of order but some for some reason, I couldn't cut & paste it properly. But anyway, this was the cookie dough I spread on top. It was the perfect amount for a 13x9 inch pan. I used Guittard milk chocolate chips in it.






I really liked the look of the drizzled melted chocolate on top. Might be pretty with some melted white chocolate.



GHIRARDELLI Brownies
From my Ghirardelli cookbook

4 eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar

2 teaspoon vanilla

1 cup butter
, melted
1 1/2 cups Ghirardelli ground chocolate

1 1/3 cup flour

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Using a spoon, stir eggs with sugar and vanilla; add butter.
Sift GHIRARDELLI GROUND CHOCOLATE with flour, baking powder and salt.
Stir into egg mixture; add nuts if using.
Spread into greased 13x9 inch pan.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Topping:
1 c. butter, softened
1 c. packed light brown sugar
1/2 c. granulated sugar
4 Tbsp. milk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
Combine first 5 ingredients in a mixing bowl and cream together. Add flour and stir until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread in an even layer on top of cooled brownies.

3 comments:

Palidor said...

I made an eggless cookie dough once to fold into vanilla ice cream. Putting the dough on top of brownies is even better! Oh, wait... how about your delicious cookie dough brownies AND ice cream?? ;-)

Anonymous said...

I saw these on Lovin' from the Oven and was intrigued as well! They look so delightful! Oh, and I totally agree -- nothing's too rich for me either :D

Anonymous said...

Is the batter ever a little lumpy for this brownie recipe? My batter has small brown lumps in it and after baking, I noticed the expiration date on the Ghiradelli chocolate ground cocoa was 10/31/10- or one month ago. Would you recommend consuming these brownies, given the small lumpy batter and expiration date? Thank you for any advice or insight!