The crust and top crumb mixture are one in the same. Half gets pressed onto the bottom of the pan then half gets crumbled on top of the filling. I added a dash of cinnamon to mine.
The original recipe makes one 8x8 pan. Ha! I could eat that in one sitting. I made TWO double recipes and that filled two 13x9 inch pans. One pan is blueberry and one is raspberry.
The blueberry bars were awesome but I'm a raspberry lover! These were sooo good and slightly tart. I didn't put a lot of sugar into the raspberry filling.
Delicious Raspberry Oatmeal Cookie BarsAdapted from allrecipes.com
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 8 inch square pan, and line with greased foil.
- Combine brown sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, and rolled oats. Rub in the butter using your hands or a pastry blender to form a crumbly mixture. Press 2 cups of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Spread the jam to within 1/4 inch of the edge. Sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture over the top, and lightly press it into the jam.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in preheated oven, or until lightly browned. Allow to cool before cutting into bars.