Thursday, May 7, 2009

Soft and cakey Chocolate Chip Cookies

This cookie recipe won first place in my office chocolate chip cookie contest. After I tell people the recipe and they find out the secret ingredient, they tend wrinkle their nose. But the fact is, folks seem to LOVE these cookies. I constantly get asked for the recipe. If you are into crisp chocolate chip cookies, then this is not your recipe. They are somewhat thick and definitely soft and cakey. The secret ingredient is instant vanilla pudding mix. Two boxes of the pudding mix are this recipe! I suppose you can be adventurous and try other pudding mix flavors but the recipe calls for vanilla and that's all I've ever tried. I found this recipe at allrecipes.com but since then, I have seen it on several different sites. It's an easy recipe so give it a try! I'm telling you, people love these cookies!














Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies

4 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 (3.4 oz each) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 cups (or 2 bags) semisweet chocolate chips (or chips of your choice)
2 cups chopped nuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Whisk together the flour, baking soda & salt - set aside.

In large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar & granulated sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture a little bit at a time. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips by hand. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto cookie sheet.

Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown.





1 comment:

Cookie Madness said...

Hi Heidi,
First off, nice blog! I don't usually care for cakey cookies, but I do like that particular recipe that you posted above. Sometimes I even use butterscotch pudding and butterscotch chips.

Since you like the pudding mix cookies, here's a ilnk to another one you might like. This one has pudding mix and oatmeal.

http://www.cookiemadness.net/?p=1885