Wednesday, May 27, 2009

New York City! Need suggestions!

Early early on Friday morning, I leave for NYC. I've never been there and I'm so excited. I will be there for 5 days. I'm going with a girlfriend from work and we are staying at the Marriott Marquis in Times Square.

Does anyone have suggestions that would be convenient to the Times Square location? We are going to travel around a bit by train or taxi but we would like to walk as much as possible. Mostly, I want to visit some local bakeries. I realize there are SO many good ones but tell me your favorite NYC bakeries and tell me why they are so wonderful. What are their specialties? Any other suggestions? I want to shop but not at the big chain stores (like Gap & Bloomingdales etc). I want some little local type shops or farmers markets.

My plane leaves from Seattle at 5:30 am on Friday so I need to be at the airport at 4:00 am!!! Yikes!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Just please have a black and white cookie for me. They are almost like cake. I can't recommend a good place, but I'm sure you'll find lots to try. In fact, you may want to compare them along the way. Have a wonderful trip.